How To Get Verified Twitter Account?
Twitter has a built-in social hierarchy. There are those with blue tick marks next to their name, and those without blue ticks. The blue tick denotes a verified account, meaning this is a real person and is whoever their description says it is.
However, not any time you can apply for account verification.Only Twitter starts the verification then you’ll be able to do so.
In the world of Twitter, being ‘Verified’ is the closest thing there is to gaining a knighthood. The program is theoretically restricted to “highly sought users in music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, advertising, business, and other key interest areas”, but there is no obvious way to apply to join their ranks.
Here are the Steps to do so:
- Twitter name that matches your real name or stage name (or your company’s real name if it’s a corporate account).
- A verified contact number.
- An Email Address.
- A Detailed biography of your account.
- A Real photo of an Individual/Company.
- A Header Photo that reflects You/Company.
- A website link in your account that reflects you or your brand.
- All Tweets set as “Public” in Twitter’s privacy settings.
- A brief statement explaining your impact on your particular field, and why Twitter should verify you; a mission statement, if you will.
- A scanned copy of a government-issued ID (like a passport or driver’s license).
- Once you have updated your Twitter profile to meet all of these requirements, head to verification.twitter.com and fill out the form step by step.
Twitter will check if you meet all of the minimum requirements and ask for your mission statement. You may or may not be asked for the scanned ID in this process, but it’s also unclear what security precautions Twitter is taking to make sure your scanned ID is securely locked and doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. You might want to be careful with this one.
Finally, Twitter will send you an email soon saying whether your request has been approved or not. If your verification application is denied, you can try again 30 days after receiving the rejection email.
Stay Updated! Share the Post.